How ClaireTalk helps
ClaireTalk saves money and improves service.
An extensive trial with University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust saw savings of 65% and more on the average monthly face to face interpreter spend.
ClaireTalk also offers improved service compared to the use of live interpreters.
- In emergencies where a translator is not immediately available
- When a patient has to wait for (sometimes hours) for an interpreter to arrive, especially in urgent or distressing situations
- In circumstances where a female patient is uncomfortable dealing with a male interpreter
- In sensitive situations when patients prefer direct communication with medical staff
- In ward communications between staff and patients where a interpreter would not normally be present
What nurses say
- “It is brilliant. I am up for anything that saves us money, but it is actually more personal - you wouldn’t think that about a computer, but having an interpreter in the room is quite unpleasant really, like having a stranger there.”
- “In an emergency situation it is invaluable, when even if you can get an interpreter it takes at least an hour and that is just too long. In those circumstances the online tool comes into its own.”
- “Patients react well. They really appreciate that they can type in their response using the keyboard to communicate back to the staff.”
*All quotations are form staff at UHCW. The comments do not represent commercial endorsement of ClaireTalk